Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Pool Night

Our friend Sandy was up in Seattle this week for work, so tonight Eric, Krisanne, and I met him to play pool.

We decided teams via two rounds of rock-paper-scissors, and Eric and I wound up teammates. We won game one, got soundly beat in game two, so it all came down to the third game grudge match.

I managed to actually play halfway decent, so that added with Eric's natural pool abilities we leapt out to an early lead: one ball left to Sandy and Krisanne's four or five. I sank our final ball and took aim on the 8 ball, but failed to put in in. Eric and I tried in vain, turn after turn, until our lead evaporated and we were in danger of losing the game to Sandy and Krisanne who were coming on strong. I had yet another shot on the 8 ball, a sharp angle but close to the pocket, and the ball finally went in. Thus, team Eric and Karl secured the evening's championship two games to one!!


IMG_1954
Originally uploaded by klbarrus.
Eric

Note the concentration as Eric uses the bridge, to line up a shot. ;)

No comments: