Sunday, July 17, 2005

First Dip

A minor confession: I haven't gotten in my pool yet... until this afternoon. I didn't want to get in before the pool service paid a visit, and I had the water tested. After adding a cup of acid (to restore the water's pH balance), I decided to wait another day... and then Saturday was busy since I was running errands until late.

So today, I decided to finally get in and enjoy my pool.

Enjoying the Pool


I only stayed in for 30 minutes or so - swimming back and forth, sitting in the spa, watching the pool robot move along and filter water. The chlorine concentration is lower than a regular pool, because I don't feel itchy or smell like chemicals.

The robot moves like one of those small wind-up walking toys. I haven't come up with a good name, but I'm leaning towards "clank", the robot companion in the Playstation 2 game Ratchet & Clank. Or maybe the the name of the remote control submersible from The Abyss, if I can remember it. Or something functional like "creeper" or "scrubber".

It was great, I think I can really get used to this. I just need a floating bar and I'll be set! ;)

No comments: