Monday, July 11, 2005

Krush Soccer

I planned to see a smaller local attraction, but found it was closed on Sundays, contrary to the little guidebook I had. Oh well, I'll try to make it back soon - it is sure to be a multiple picture opportunity. ;)

Instead, I waited until later in the day to attend a soccer game. There is a semi-pro women's team in the area, the Central Florida Krush and I thought it would be fun to watch a game.

I drove out to the stadium, but arrived a few minutes late. As I walked in, both teams were on the field, facing the flag for the National Anthem. I stood and looked at the them, one dressed in blue and the other dressed in white, and I realized I didn't even know what the home colors were! After the game started, I studied the jerseys on field, and looked over the roster in the program, and figured out the Krush wore blue.

The game was pretty good and the Krush won 2-1. I find soccer to be like baseball in that it is more fun for me to watch the games live than on TV.

One thing that puzzles me about soccer is the penalty/injury time. Since the clock doesn't stop, whenever somebody is injured or the game otherwise stops, the referee accumulates time. At the end of the period, the game continued until this time expires. The thing is, nobody except the head ref knows how much time really remains. It just seems odd they don't add time to the clock for a countdown everybody can see.

Cranes


Before the game, at a nearby plaza, I saw these three walking around slowly.

No comments: