Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Office Space

Ingrid, our administrative assistant, came by with a tantalizing offer: a private office!

Ever since I moved to Florida, I've had an office mate - Matt. We get along well, neither of us is particularly loud or anything, and our corner office has two walls of windows. My view is west: trees, parking lot, and I4. On clear days my westerly view can see launches from the Kennedy Space Center. Matt's view is north: mostly of a leafy tree and a bridge.

Anyway, the offer is that due to some upcoming office shuffling, we could both move into a private INTERIOR office. That's the hangup, I really like the natural light and the view. And so does Matt. So we told Ingrid we'd rather stay.

A few weeks ago my boss told me he'd like to get our group closer together. So the conspiracy theory is we'll be forced to move anyway, possibly because a manager covets our office with the awesome windows. Due to seniority, window offices go to long term employees and managers. I've been here about four years, a small amount compared to some of the people who have been here through two or three corporate acquisitions!

In the meantime we'll attempt to stay and see what happens.

No comments: