Sunday, November 12, 2006

Celebration 10K

I drove down to Celebration, FL for the Celebration 10K - excuse me the official name is the "Florida Hospital Celebration Health Founder's Day 10K" making this the race with the longest name I've done - a race in the Grand Prix (which I'm not doing this year) and the Challenge Series (which I am).

It was a pretty good race for me - 46:37 (net time) over 6.2 miles. I finished 18/64 in my division and 139/848 overall. I was hoping to come in under 45:45 and set a new 10K PR, but I was about a minute off. Next April there is a 10K in Winter Park, so I'll shoot for a PR then.

My GPS measured 6.34 miles, and a friend in the Orlando Running Club, Michelle, measure 6.3 as well. So we joked about being cheated by 1/10th of a mile. On the other hand, 0.1 miles over 6.2 is an error of ~1.6%, which is quite reasonable.

No comments: