Saturday, April 08, 2006

La Nouba and Jiko

Today was a busy one! In the morning I met Amy and her coworker Karen for the Orlando AIDS walk around Lake Eola. I wasn't able to park very close and I just made it to the event as it started. I met Amy and Karen as they were walking and we continued on for 3 laps. It isn't far, Lake Eola is less than a mile around.

Later that evening I took Amy to Cirque du Soliel's show at Downtown Disney: La Nouba. She said she'd been interested in seeing this show for a long time and was excited when I said it would be my birthday present to her. :) We had really good seats and had a great time. My favorite acts were the Chinese girls who did a routine with ropes and tops, and the trampoline group. Actually they had two guys doing bike tricks that were also great.

Afterwards my plan was to eat at the Animal Kingdom lodge at Boma, an African-themed cafe. However the wait was enormous - more than one hour - so we went to an adjacent restaurant also in the lodge, Jiko. We were able to grab seats at the bar and have a great meal in less time than it would have taken to be a table at Boma.

If we go back I'll remember to make a reservation, since there is the large mostly captive audience of guests at the lodge that wind up eating on the premises.

No comments: