Monday, June 21, 2004

Homemade Ice Cream

My friend and coworker Tom invited me over for dinner - and let it be known I generally accept all dinner invitations! The menu included salmon, recently caught during a family fishing trip to Canada. Tom grilled it up to perfection. Yum! Tom's wife Carol added steamed broccoli, potato salad, and part of dessert - a peach cobbler.

I made the other part of dessert - homemade old fashioned vanilla ice cream. Homemade ice cream is the best, and I only make it for other people because otherwise I'm stuck eating 4-5 quarts of ice cream by myself.

Ice Cream Ingredients (not shown: 1/4 teaspoon salt)


Their daughter Grace was very eager to assist. Here she is stirring the mix after the final step of adding the vanilla extract. Later she helped me add the ice and rock salt, and finally volunteered to be the first taste tester of the final product.

Grace stirring the mix


Grace stirring the mix

I left all the ice cream with them for consumption during the week. I figure between the two adults and three kids it will last at least 3 or 4 days. :)

The recipe makes a ton of ice cream. Next time I make it I will halve all the ingredients.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! what a great picture of me! see ya!