Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Redeye flights

I booked an overnight flight to the east coast because I know that is best for me.

That's because:

  1. I easily fall asleep on planes. Sometimes before we even take off!
  2. I'm a nightowl - I find it natural to stay up late.
  3. It is a 3 hour time zone shift later.

If I flew during the day, I'd sleep most the way there (#1), which means I'd stay up to 1 or 2 a.m. my time no problem (#2). But, that is really 4 or 5 a.m. in east coast time (#3) and as a result I would be a total zombie at work.

I've fought jet lag better on flights halfway around the world than I have on flights to the U.S. east coast!

1 comment:

Gail at Large said...

You changed it to "Karl's Deck"! Haha!

Another advantage to redeye flying? No traffic. No airport craziness.