Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Work Travel

My boss finalized the dates and I'll be visiting Florida from July 12th to the 23rd. It makes sense, because we get Monday off as a holiday, and my boss will be out of town later that week.

So, I'll get to participate in Hagg Lake after all. However, I'll miss a few other things - the first two weeks of Japanese class, and the BoDeans concert I was planning to attend. Japanese will be fine, as I can study in the evenings. Actually, it is perfect since I haven't done any review yet, and can spend a good hour or so every night studying. Missing the BoDeans is a bummer but what can I do, work calls. ;) Also, I need to figure out what I can do as far as swim/bike/run training.

I used to live in the hot and humid conditions that will greet me in Florida. But it has been quite a while, I moved away from Houston, TX more than seven years ago. Back then, I found I lost my heat acclimation in a mere six months of being away - after moving in January, I returned to visit in July and was shocked at how miserable I felt.

One thing exciting will be planning out something to do on the weekend of July 10th - July 11th. I've visited Universal Studios and Kennedy Space Center, and I suppose I could see one of the Disney attractions. If I have the time, I'd like to take a tour of the Everglades!

No comments: