Sunday, August 08, 2004

Vancouver Boat Ride

We rented a boat and headed out for a tour - English Bay to the Lions Gate Bridge, back to Horseshoe Bay, and a return to Granville Island.

I took the first driving shift, from the rental dock to the Science Museum, and then back along False Creek around Stanley Park to the Lions Gate Bridge. The water was choppy and I kept it about half throttle for most of the trip in English Bay. Once I got a better hang of steering, I dropped the boat to full throttle, thought of the three women with me, the movie "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle", and a theme for the trip sprang into my mind. Hence "Karl's Angels: Full Throttle!" :)

Karl's Angels

Gail, Heather, Krisanne.

West Vancouver and the Lions Gate Bridge


Krisanne took over as pilot and we had a fun and faster trip, bouncing along the water to Horseshoe Bay.

Horseshoe Bay


Gail took over on the water back from Horseshoe Bay. This part of the bay was very busy with small sailboats and windsurfers, so we had to slow down.

Vancouver from English Bay


It was a sunny, beautiful day and we were out for about three and a half hours.

No comments: