Thursday, December 01, 2005

Daily Show

I watch Comedy Channel's Daily Show all the time now - it is a great satire on current politics. I haven't been able to get into The Colbert Report, a spinoff, but the original is just great. Yesterday was a funny skit with Samantha Bee on the vote of No Confidence in Canada:


SB: The no confidence vote forced by the three opposition parties leaves Canadians in many ridings wondering...

JS: We Americans don't really know a lot about Canada, could you back up that explanation just a tad?

SB: A riding is like one of your Congressional districts...

JS: Sam, a little further.

SB: Parliment is like the Canadian Congress...

JS: Sam, further!

SB: A former monarchy, our representative democracy arose...

JS: Sam! Where is Canada?


I found that so funny for some reason. I know my Canadian friends won't hate me for it either. ;)

No comments: