Sunday, July 09, 2006

CFTS #2 2006

This morning was the Central Florida Tri Series #2 event, a sprint. Events #1 and #3 have an olympic distance race, while #2 and #4 are sprints.

I felt a bit queasy coming out of the water because we had a few swells. Lake Minneola is self-contained and it wasn't really windy, so I think the waves were due to boat traffic further out.

The bike went OK - this new course they chose for the 2006 events is reasonably challenging for this area, with several hills. Also, the bike is 23K vs 20K which is the usual sprint distance bike leg. I'd compare it approximately to the bike course at Cascades Edge (or Black Diamond).

The run was tough. I'm not sure if there was a high pollen count or some dust or something in the air, but my throat felt a little tighter than usual while I was breathing.

Anyway, I did a 19:03 swim, 49:29 bike, and 24:41 run for an overall time (including transitions) of 1:39:54, good for 26/35 in my division.

My goal for the next month is to get back to the pool regularly! :)

No comments: