Sunday, March 26, 2006

Orlando Magic Game

I haven't been to many pro basketball games over the years. I saw the Houston Rockets twice, and the Seattle Supersonics once. So when Amy suggested we see the Orlando Magic I looked for some tickets since it sounded fun!

She lives a mile or so from the TD Waterhouse Center, where the Magic play, so we walked to avoid traffic and save a little on parking fees. And get some exercise since it was a nice evening. We were in the upper deck at midcourt, so we had a pretty good view of the game. The Magic played the Atlanta Hawks, which I suppose could be a rivalry since the two teams are relatively close, but I'm not sure since I don't follow basketball all that closely.

In all honesty, I can't follow basketball very well. It is mostly the fouls that are mysterious to me. It seems random to me whether one is on the offense or defense - play just stops and I might as well flip a coin. At least in football I can make an educated guess based on which ref called a foul. Besides, in football the action naturally stops all the time so it isn't as much of an interruption.

Amy and I did watch the game but we also spent plenty of time chatting with each other. Anyway, the Magic beat the Hawks. It was enjoyable and perhaps we'll drive out to Tampa sometime where there is baseball, football, and hockey to watch live!

No comments: