Saturday, March 24, 2007

Winter Park 10K

The finale of the Track Shack Grand Prix series was this event. I didn't sign up for the Grand Prix this year, not that I can place high enough to build up points to win!

I did 48:28, which I was pleased with. I took it easy for the first mile or so, running and chatting with a friend, before pulling ahead at the water stop around mile 1.5. I should have grabbed a cup because the next water stop wasn't until mile 4... but it wasn't too bad. It was humid but I wasn't going all out so I was fine, if a bit thirsty at the second water stop.

The course is really nice, winding around residential Winter Park. We had a view of a few lakes, many shady roads, a minor hill or two... the only complaint is cobblestone roads for half the course. I'm not sure why but older parts of this area paved their streets like that.

No comments: