Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Drive to Coeur D'Alene

I drove out to Coeur D'Alene, Idaho this afternoon, stopping for lunch in Ellensburg and again where the highway crossed the Columbia River - a scenic windy spot. Up on a hill was the "Wild Horses Monument", so I took a few pictures before resuming my trip.

Columbia River



Wild Horses Monument



The drive went by quickly, as I brought along some entertainment. Seattle was drizzly as I left, but sure enough the weather changed past Snoqualmie Pass - eastern Washington is much drier and warmer than the section west of the Cascades. I could scarcely beleive my eyes when I saw several tumbleweeds blowing in the highway, near Moses Lake.

Once I unloaded my car into my hotel room, I drove around a bit to get familiar with Coeur D'Alene and find some dinner.

Welcome Rock

No comments: