Sunday, June 19, 2005

House Cooling

Today I threw myself a going-away party, and invited my closest friends. Most were able to make it and the proverbial good time was had by all. At least, I think so. ;)

At my house-warming, I grilled shish kebabs. I was lazier this time around and just bought party platter from Subway. I made homemade ice cream which seemed to be a hit all around. I tried to take pictures of everybody who attended, but I missed a few. Looks like I'll have to visit later to get those missing pictures!

I received some fun going away presents: SPF 30 sunscreen, a "Life is Good" triathlon shirt and Ironman socks, and a gorgeous picture of Mount Rainier. I'll frame that and display it along with the Seattle cityscape I bought! Another cute gift was a volleyball signed by the members of my league team, Reeking Havoc.

In an unrelated note, today is the one year anniversary of this blog. Hard to imagine... I started this up for fun, not really expecting to keep it going for very long. It's been enjoyable and not too difficult to find something to write about. Of course, that is because I'm not exactly producting high-minded commentary on society - this is pretty much just what I'm up to. After IMCdA is over, I will merge my training blog back into this one, but only report training on a weekly basis. Daily reports would be mind numbing for most people, and it was getting to me as well. ;)

No comments: