Friday, June 17, 2005

Home Offer

I decided to meet the seller's sale price. The home is very close to what I am looking for, so rather than wait and keep looking, I'll just get it. So the home purchase effort is moving forward, into the loan approval phase. This means I have a bunch of documents to gather and fax to the mortgage broker in Florida.

Since the seller didn't budge on the asking price, I'll be a stickler on the home inspection - if something non-cosmetic needs fixing, I will insist it be taken care of before I move in.

There isn't much I don't like about the home (yeah yeah, double negative). My current home has a separated den area, good for home theater, TV, and exercise gear. The Florida house has a more open architecture. My bedrooms in my current home are on the highest floor and are a bit insulated from noise. In the Florida house, the master bedroom leads off of the breakfast nook. Overall, without custom designing a floor plan, this one was good enough for me.

No comments: