Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Golden Gardens

Today was gorgeous in Seattle: clear skies, sunny, low 70's. Oh yeah, if it were reliably like that May - September the population would boom from all the people moving in.

Francesca and I ate a great lunch overlooking Lake Union, and then opted to bike since the weather was so great. Eve was able to join us, and the three of us left Francesca's toward Ballard where we met Sandy. We continued on to Golden Gardens, a beach on Sound, and stayed to admire the view for a bit. On the way back we stopped at Coldstone Creamery where I was able to satisy my extreme strawberry milkshake craving. Mike and Alexandra couldn't resist the draw of ice cream and also met us.

I took it easy and after Indian food for dinner, I drove off to the airport. My rental vehicle was a Jeep, because they were out of compact cars and I got a free upgrade. It was fun to drive, but a bit loud because of the soft top. During the weekend I experimented and put the Jeep into 4 wheel drive, and found (to my surprise) that tight turns - a U-turn for example - felt really squishy, for lack of a better term. Maybe that is what 4 wheel drive feels like but it felt less precise than 2 wheel drive, so I put it back. My next vehicle will be a hybrid so I probably won't have to worry about this anyway.

No comments: