Saturday, November 13, 2004

LAX to AUK

November 12th didn't really exist for me. I left Los Angeles at 8:30 pm on Thursday the 11th, and arrived in Auckland at 6am on Saturday the 13th. The flight crossed the international date line, and I'm now in New Zealand, 21 hours ahead of PST.

Not much to describe about the flight - I rewatched part of I, Robot and also saw Collateral, so I have no complaints about the in-flight movies. I thought the selection was great!

Well, it would have been better had I been on the other side of the plane. The pilot broke into the PA system to announce the southern cross was visible from the left of the plane. I of course, was on the right. Last time I was in the southern hemisphere, in various cities in Australia, I never saw the southern cross, despite traveling for two weeks. It was either cloudy or the city lights were too bright, every single night. I'm hoping to spot that constellation this time around!

No comments: