Sunday, September 05, 2004

Bay Area Beach Party

Some Orkut friends had planned a beach party in the Bay Area, and I thought of attending. I toyed around with idea for a while, and decided I would also try to visit my friends who live in the area. However, two of the three of them were out of town so I shelved the idea.

Then, I got to thinking, I'm not doing much over Labor Day weekend, this would be kinda fun. With about a week to go before the event, I made the arrangements. I also got in touch with my third friend who lives in the Bay Area, and found out she would be in town, so I planned to visit her, her husband, and kids.

Since I waited so long to buy tickets, I didn't have much choice on flights. As a result, I woke up at 3:50 a.m. to get to airport for a 6 a.m. flight to San Jose. What was shocking was the flight was packed and they asked for volunteers to be bumped!

In San Jose, I picked up my rental car and drove over to meet Noelani and Dustin for breakfast, delicious homemade berry pancakes. Soon afterwards stopped by the store for a few things, and drove out to the beach near San Gregorio.

The beach party was fun. Noelani roasted corn, chicken, and cooked red beans and rice. Soon, others arrived: Joanna and Ed, Geordan and Audrey, Colin, Sandy, Richard, Topher, Thomas. We wandered down the beach, added onto a small fort we found, waded in the ocean, boogie boarded, and just had a fun time talking to people.

Audrey brought some devil sticks so I gave them a try. I couldn't quite get the hang of it and would drop them after thirty seconds or even sooner. They were fun so I might try buying some so I can practice.

We wrapped up around 6 p.m. and drove back to Dustin and Noelani's for dinner and more entertainment...

Dustin and Noelani

That's a French loaf wrapped in foil. Later we would grill some drumsticks.

Geordan and Audrey

Audrey is holding the devil sticks. I tried to get an action shot but it didn't turn out.

Eric, Joanna, Topher


Me and Noelani


Noelani and Audrey

The boogie boarders are sizing up the waves...

No comments: