Thursday, September 02, 2004

Book Store

I usually can't get out of a bookstore without buying something. Today I went into a Barnes and Noble looking for one computer book and wound up buying a different one, plus an extra humor book that caught my eye:

Front Cover


Back Cover


I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I have flipped through it and it looks pretty funny. The book is illustrated with 50's era graphics and has various "factoids" such as:


  • Did You Know? Canadians say "zed" instead of "zee" when talking about the last letter of the alphabet.
  • Did You Know? The plural of "moose" is "moose".
  • Did You Know? The handles on Canadian beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mittens on.


The book devotes a full two pages to the nuances of "eh", includes several hockey metaphors (e.g. "He's gone down to block one too many shots without his helmet" means "He's crazy"), Canadian drinks (Calgary Red Eye), native monsters (Windigo), and much, much more.

This will be a fun book to read and tease my Canadian friends about. :)

No comments: