Saturday, September 11, 2004

Conference Call

Tonight I was just sitting at home watching TV and reading some magazine articles, when I popped in chat for bit. It turned out that some Orkut friends set up a conference call and invited people to call in, so I did. What the heck, I don't have long distance charges when I call from my home area!

It was interesting to hear voices of people I only know through the computer. I met one person before, Daniel, but hearing the voices of Loralee and Tammy was fun. We didn't talk that much, I mostly listened and would toss in a comment every once in a while.

I asked Tammy if she thought I had an accent of any kind. She said I had a bit of a twang. Can you believe that?! I think she and Gail have been talking and Gail put her up to claiming I have an accent. ;)

OK, I did live in Texas for over 10 years, as a student at first and then a regular working guy after that. I'm sure I actually do have a slight accent, even after living in Washington for the last 7 years.

No comments: