Saturday, September 25, 2004

Visit From Friends

Late Friday, two friends from Canada came to visit: Heather and Gail. They got in late but we all stayed up even later anyway, chatting and playing around with Gail's computer, a VERY nice 17" PowerBook. The design of this computer is just beautiful, especially compared the Dell notebook I'm currently borrowing from work.

I like PC's and have built my last five computers. You can't really do that with a notebook computer. Seeing and using the PowerBook really makes me want to get one, but I also have a list of other (cheaper) purchases to make first! Besides, with three computers already plus a notebook borrowed from work, it is hard to justify getting yet another one. ;) On top of that, I have most of the parts for another one and am deciding what swapping around I can do. One plan would be to switch the Aquarium Jukebox PC to one I will build, and then turn the Aquarium Jukebox PC into a Linux system so I can eventually experiment with MythTV and HDTV decoding.

Anyway, early Saturday morning I finally dozed off...

No comments: