Friday, September 17, 2004

Lunchtime Geocache 1

My friend and co-worker Davis and I decided to do a geocache during lunch. We settled on I Roar! and drove to a nearby trail to start the search.

After searching a candidate location (i.e. the base of a tree) we moved to another tree and started to search. The GPS gets you close but the final spot might take some time to pinpoint. Anyway, after about 10 or 15 minutes I finally spotted the cache, attached to a plastic dinosaur!

Dinosaur Cache


The little capsule unscrews to reveal a small piece of paper which serves as the log. Unfortunately the pen we brought was out of ink - also, the log was a bit damp so we were afraid of ripping it. So, we took pictures of the cache instead, to prove we found it.

That was cache number 80 for me! I've been trying to get to 100 for a while, but have been rather lazy about geocaching over the past year.

Proof I found it!

No comments: