Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Blade Trinity

I saw Blade Trinity today with my friend/coworker Tom.

The basic plot is that vampires have brought back Dracula, because they need him to kill Blade. Meanwhile, Blade and friends have concocted a super-virus that will wipe out vampires, except it doesn't quite do that, leaving room for another sequel I suppose. I'm no molecular biologist, but the super-virus had some magic properties because it spread like a nerve gas after combining with Dracula's blood!

This movie featured the most blatant product placement I've ever seen - the iPod. In one scene, Blade's sidekick, Abigail, stops to select songs from iTunes. The other sidekick says she's creating a mix for the upcoming fight. In another scene, they are shown putting on their gear for another fight, and Abigail finishes by inserting her ear buds. Yeah! Now I have an iPod mini and like it, but come on.

While I enjoy the occasional mindless action flick, this one was sort of blah. The first two were much better.

No comments: