Thursday, December 02, 2004

Braces

I blogged previously that I am getting my teeth straightened via Invisalign. This morning, I moved into the final phase - no more Invisalign; instead, I finish with three months of braces.

Yep, I now have ceramic clear braces and my teeth are a bit tender. I'll basically prefer soft foods for a while...

It took about two hours for the orthodontist and his various assistants to do their stuff. Not too bad overall, it was just a bit strange watching an assistant with a wire-cutter/crochet tool (I couldn't see it very clearly) add the wire, and then weave and snap the ties in place. Most of the time I was in the chair with this plastic lip-stretcher device and suction tool, so they could keep each tooth dry while they were attaching the braces.

I'm due back in five weeks for another appointment, at which time I expect they will be tightened or whatever it is they'll do. The receptionist said I can choose different tie colors then - she said they even had glow-in-the-dark ones. Now that would be really weird!

No comments: