Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Christmas decorations

Over the weekend, my neighbor Amy said hello as we did some minor yardwork. We joked that we were both lazier that other people about yardwork, and especially holiday decorations. She said that she planned to hang some icicle lights above the garage, and that was all.

Today, I put out my one modest Christmas/Holiday decoration: a multi-colored light net that sort of drapes over a bushy tree I have in the front yard. It is easy to set up, take down, and I just leave it on all the time. After New Year's, I unplug it and stow it away for next year. It doesn't blink, and I think it looks festive.

Around the corner and up the street are several homes that go all out on decorations - lights all along the gutters, animated sleigh displays, and so forth. Amy and I are glad they've taken the initiative to decorate for the neighborhood!

I usually travel for the holidays, so I'm equally lazy about decorating inside my home. I don't think I've set up a Christmas tree in the last decade. Perhaps if I see a medium sized artificial tree I'd be willing to get that.

Lights


So far, this is the extent of my decorations.

No comments: