Sunday, December 12, 2004

NCAA Volleyball

I had a ticket to tonight UW match versus UCLA, but my friend Alyssa visited me and I didn't think she'd be interested in attending. Late in the afternoon, Francesca called and told me the there were extra tickets, so I mentioned it to Alyssa... and she was very interested!

However, I found the reason why she was so interested in the game was that she went to UCLA. So I wound up bringing somebody who cheered for the opposition. :)

We showed up and were treated to a very good match. UCLA won the first game, UW won games two and three, and were leading in the fourth but just fell apart. So it all came down to game five - the winner would advance to the final four. UW was behind 6-8 in game five but regrouped and beat UCLA 15-9 to advance for the first time in their history. The team did a victory lap and we stayed and cheered a bit.

No comments: