Thursday, December 09, 2004

Flickr

I've decided to use Flickr to show my New Zealand photos. Over the next few days I'll upload them. I'll probably burn a CD for Eric and Krisanne and somehow I'll get a copy of their pics and might very well upload those here as well.

I took about 500 pics, and they take up around 560 MB. That's too much for my web site (hosted through Yahoo!) so I bought a year subscription to Flickr and now have some huge amount of space - 1 GB per month I think. I won't upload every pic - some are out of focus or poorly lit, but still, I need a lot more space than the 25 MB or whatever I have.

So check out my Flickr homepage for pics. I'll upload them over the next few days. (NOTE: I have Queenstown, Milford Sound, Greymouth, and Wellington left to upload).

So far I like Flickr, my one complaint is the organizer tool doesn't allow multi-select. Or, I can't figure out how to multi-select. What I'd like to do is upload a bunch of photos, say of the Fox Glacier, and then group those into an album called "Fox Glacier". I can tag the photos, create the album, but actually putting the photos into the album means a slooooow process of dragging each photo in. That may work great with a handful of photos, but I have 28 of the Fox Glacier alone. After dragging the photos over, I find the album only has 27 pictures. Which one did I leave out? I can't tell from looking at the thumbnail sized representation! Basically, I want to select all 28 photos and put them into the album. Maybe there is a better way to do it, but I haven't figured it out yet.

No comments: