Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Cell Phone Jamming

My friend Tom invited me over for dinner with his family. Since I'm never one to turn down a dinner invitiation ;) I went, bringing along a pie and some leftover homemade ice cream. As much as I like the ice cream, I also like to share it and not be the only person consuming how ever much I made!

Tom and his family are fans of 24 so we settled in to watch the episode. His daughter Elyse pointed out that CTU should invest some money into cell-phone jamming technology, as part of the plot (in every season so far) involves a mole or double-agent on the inside, who uses their cell phone to call outside with crucial information.

One amusing article I read described a church in Monterrey, Mexico that started to jam cell phones so as to not disturb their services. Certainly the CTU could get a few in and make it harder for the double-agents to do their work!

No comments: