Sunday, February 06, 2005

Things To Do

I met my friend Kathy for a run this morning, and we chatted about all sorts of stuff, including what we did and didn't like about this area. After the run, I told her about my relocation dilemma - she pointed out it was coincidental we talked about area likes and dislikes. Like many others, she suggested I make a list of pros and cons. I'll work on that...

Instead, I thought of things I wanted to do in this area, but never did. Maybe I can knock a few out, should I decide to leave.


  • Whale Watching

    Nearby Seattle you can look for orcas. Peak season for orcas is May to September - one company has a handy chart. You can also look for gray whales, from mid-March to mid-April.

  • Seattle Underground Tour

    The original downtown kept flooding, so the streets were raised. Or, something like that. I'm not sure because I haven't taken the tour yet. ;)

  • Sky City Restaurant (Space Needle)

    Yes, I've heard the food is way overpriced and mediocre. But, I'd still like to eat there and have the beautiful view. I have been in the Space Needle, but that was before I was a resident! I visited in 1994 and went to the observation deck, and never went back since I moved here.

  • Sailing at Green Lake

    Green Lake is a small lake, but large enough for small craft (one or two people) sailing. I always wanted to take out one of the boats, but never got around to doing it. This is especially embarrasing as I lived within easy walking distance of Green Lake and the boats for six years.

  • Spirit of Washington Dinner Train

    This is a cute couples thing to do, so that explains why I never did it. The train also has murder mystery events, magic shows, and other special events.

  • Watch Singles and Sleepless in Seattle.

    Yes, I've seen both movies, but not while living in the area! I think it would be fun to catch a glimpse of a local site.

  • Hike/snowshoe to Camp Muir on Mt. Rainier

    Camp Muir is a great place for a summit attempt. I'm not at all interested in doing that, but I would like to hike/snowshoe to the camp and back. I'd prefer to go with an experienced guide, and my friend best suited to this moved away years ago.


No comments: