Friday, February 25, 2005

REI Dividend

I stopped by REI this evening to pick up some sports drink (I am favoring the PowerBar Endurance and PowerBar Recovery these days), and I found out from the cashier that our 2004 dividends are live in the computer. Notices were also recently mailed.

Without hesitation, I managed to spend my $288 dividend.

Why such a big dividend? Well, I've been charging everything I can on my REI Visa, which features a 1% dividend. Let's just say that there are many loyalty and affinity programs out there... the one that works the best for me is to get cash to spend at REI. Last year, I managed to charge my New Zealand trip and four weeks of business travel/hotel on my card, which really helped to boost my dividend.

Besides the PowerBar sports drink, I got: a Leatherman P4 Squirt, a camera tripod (the Ultrapod II), two bike jerseys, two REI t-shirts, one Life Is Good t-shirt (the barn-red bike shirt), a pair of shorts, and one gray long sleeve polypro shirt. My grand total came to... 21 cents. I love it.

Yeah yeah, I shop for clothes at other stores too.

No comments: