Thursday, February 10, 2005

TSA Search

I flew to Orlando today, opting to take the daytime flight instead of the red-eye I usually prefer for flying east. When I opened by luggage, I found a little insert courtesy the Transportation Security Administration: "Notice of Baggage Inspection". I packed my Garmin Forerunner and Polar Heart Rate Monitor - I wonder if either of these items looked suspicious on the x-ray machine? I have one of those TSA-approved locks, so they didn't have to break the lock at least.

On the way I thought more of renting out my house, if I relocate. It will come down to a balance between:

  • what I might sell the house for
  • what I might rent the house for
  • what my mortgage in Orlando will be
  • if I want to deal with being an absentee landlord
  • what chance I might have of returning


I bought a book, The Landlord's Troubleshooter, and started to read it a bit. There is a chapter on property management companies, which I skimmed (hey it was late and I had to pack), and so far, I'm thinking being a landlord might be more hassle than I'm willing to deal with.

No comments: