Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Valentine's Day

Not much exciting Valentine's news to report, other than flying diagonally across the U.S. from Orlando to Seattle.

On the way, I read the USA Today and amidst all the jewelry ads and other marketing reminders, I saw an interesting article called Singled Out By Society's Stare. Apparently, divorce has become so mainstream that it is more acceptable to be divorced than single-and-never-married. The reasons for this are ironic (demonstrated ability to commit) and humorous (no confusion about sexual orientation).

Wow - it is truly a topsy-turvy world we live in! I suppose that is good to hear, as I am in that category, but it does seem a bit depressing from an overall viewpoint. The article mentioned a QuirkyAlone site, and on the site I took the QuirkyAlone quiz.

I scored "somewhat quirkyalone", also known as "quirkytogether".

No comments: