Thursday, January 06, 2005

Fit City

Seattle has been named the #1 fittest city in the U.S. for 2005 by Men's Health Magazine!

Just in case that link eventually vanishes, the top five cities are:

  1. Seattle
  2. Honolulu
  3. Colorado Springs
  4. San Francisco
  5. Denver


Looks like Colorado, with two cities in the top five, is a healthy place to live! I found it interesting that both Colorado Springs and Denver were listed as having high risk of alcohol... I wonder why?

Seattle gets dinged for having longer than average commute times. As someone who used to spend between an hour and and hour-and-a-half commuting roundtrip, I can attest to this! I solved my problem by moving to the suburbs, and now have a far more pleasant 15 minute roundtrip.

My old hometown of Houston was listed at #1 fattest city. Problems areas include too much TV watching, too little sports/exercise, bad environment and geography. Whew. By moving from Houston to Seattle, I've gone from the worst to the best!

No comments: