Saturday, October 15, 2005

Rice Volleyball

By sheer luck I noticed the Rice women's volleyball team was in town to play UCF. I guess I haven't been paying attention but I was surprised to find Rice in a new conference. Last I saw we were in the WAC!

I enjoy watching the games and in Seattle I would attend a few Husky volleyball games with friends. I had never seen my alma mater play, so I attended. Admissions was free if you brought canned goods to donate for Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, so I also was able to finally unpack a cardboard box sitting in the dining room. ;)

I got to the UCF Arena and quickly found the other two Rice fans. We were outnumbered about 200 to 1 or more, but cheered diligently for the Owls. The match went to 5 games and Rice won the last one decisively. Yes!!

My undergrad college (Houston) is also in Conference USA, and their women's volleyball team is here on Sunday. I might attend that as well, and try to make it out to watch football and baseball games.

No comments: