Friday, October 01, 2004

New Jukebox

I put together my new computer, which will replace the aquarium jukebox pc. That system is still plugged in so the fish swim around, but isn't doing anything at the moment.

The new jukebox is less disk space but with a more powerful CPU, which will let me do a few media-related things on the side, such as convert DVD's to SVCD's. Disk space isn't a problem, as I wasn't using much on the original system. Besides, I ordered a 200 GB Firewire drive to act as my all-around backup and transfer disk.

New Jukebox


On the left is a hard drive sitting on top of a DVD/CDRW, to the right is memory and a cpu, and behind that is the Biostar SFF system with the side panels off.

Unfortunately, the CD I burned for install is a dud - it won't boot. I tried a different bootable CD and that started up just fine. So tomorrow I'll burn another and set this new system up.

No comments: