Thursday, October 14, 2004

Burnout3 - PS2 game

There are all sorts of small household chores I need to do, from mowing the lawn to cleaning out my cupboards. But, in the spirit of lazing around I decided to put it all off until the weekend and instead indulge another hobby of mine: gaming. Specifically, I'm playing Burnout3 which is extremely fun.

I like racing games, and this falls into the genre. However, unlike other games that have a more realistic physics model, this one encourages risk. As in: side swiping cars, driving on the wrong side of the road, bumping your opponents - all of these lead to points for you and a speed boost. Making your opponents crash is what this is all about, and so far it is super fun.

Crashing even scores points, from the kind of impact to how far your wreck skids. You can even steer your wreck, and if you manage to take out more opponents while steering your wreck, you score even higher. I haven't done that yet!

No comments: