Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Next Door Neighbors

My next door neighbors put their house up for sale. I'll be watching this with great interest! Partly because I'll get some new neighbors, and partly because of property value. Two other homes nearby sold recently, for good prices as well.

My neighbors have three kids, all girls, and are looking to get a bigger house in Woodinville. I don't see them very often, but they are friendly enough. Sometimes when I am working in the yard the girls will come over and want to help rake, pick dandelions, or pick up pine cones. Until their mom comes out and tells them to work in their own yard! I have a small fountain and one of the girls likes to "bathe" pine cones - she searched for a rock to block the drain (except the water only flows up and spills over the side) because she was afraid the pine cone would "drown". I pointed out that the pine cone was larger than the rock so it wouldn't be able to "drown" (plus as I mentioned the water doesn't really drain). Last week the kids helped me rake up leaves so much I went over and helped their mom weed dandelions, and we chatted a bit.

Anyway, their house is about 300 square feet larger than mine, and the listing mentions a newer roof and updated kitchen. Still, if they get their asking price that is good news for my house value!

No comments: