Sunday, October 31, 2004

Halloween Bike Ride

It was a beautiful fall morning, and the sun peeked out long enough for me to IM Jennifer to see if she was planning on a bike ride. She was, so I drove out to Carnation to meet her. She is a friend who is training for an Ironman next year (!) and sends out mail to our tri club looking for people to ride with on the weekends. Since it was such a beautiful day, I took her up on it.

After meeting at a park, we rode out and back along a country road, chatting for a good part of the ride. Our goal was a leisurely ride so we rode out for 45 minutes and then turned around. On the way back, I couldn't resist stopping to take a few pictures near a field full of cows.

Jennifer


Me


These cows were the active members of the group! A few others ones to the side were laying down and eating grass, because I guess all that standing around and eating was too exhausting.

Nestlé has some sort of training center in the area. Here is a view from a small hill of the valley and facility.

Valley View near Nestlé


Afterwards, I treated myself to a grande cafe mocha (no whip) and low fat marionberry muffin. That was still probably 500 calories though. ;)

No comments: