Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Birthday

Today was my birthday and also Columbus Day. I'd get this day off if I were a bank employee or a government employee. Since my friend Gail came down from Vancouver I took the day off and we did a bunch of random things.

First, we went for a short hike in Discovery Park.

Puget Sound View


Gail on the Horizon


There are many hikes with great views in the area, but Discovery Park is the closest one with the best view for the hiking effort.

After that, we decided to take it easy and search for a geocache. I looked up one close to my house and after a short drive and walk, we found Steel Mill II.

Steel Mill II Geocache


Since it was late in the afternoon and we didn't want to fight rush hour traffic to go back to Seattle, I drove us to downtown Kirkland and we wandered around for a while before settling in at a coffee shop.

Kirkland Marina


Mother's Day Tile Mural


We found a staircase/planter in downtown that was covered with colorful tiles. It looks like children from an elementary school made their own tiles for Mother's Day 2000 and the city used them to decorate.

Triple J Cafe Mocha


The Triple J Cafe was around the corner and we stopped in for a treat. The picture is out of focus because I'm not too skilled with my digital camera. ;) After the coffee shop, Gail treated me to a great dinner at a Thai restaurant.

No comments: