Monday, October 25, 2004

Favorite Season

Recently, some friends have opined that autumn is their favorite season. Breigh's blog entry on this is October 21, 2004. I can't find a way to permalink to it.

It got me to think about what my favorite season is.

Autumn is nice, but not my favorite. For me it is in between winter and summer, two seasons I enjoy much more. I do find it pretty when the leaves change colors, but that is only recently - I haven't always lived somewhere the leaves noticably change colors. It can be spectacular, but it is also something that happens before the leaves die.

Winter, on the other hand, means snow which in turns means snowboarding, snowshoeing, and other fun snow sports! On the other hand summer means long days, nice weather, and plenty of outdoor activities: swimming, biking, running, volleyball, etc.

Spring is also an "in between" season for me, except unlike fall the days get longer and warmer.

So, my favorite season is either winter or summer... I can't quite decide. Here in Seattle the winter days are quite short, so I'd probably lean towards summer as my favorite season. No snowboarding, but it is warm and sunny and that means plenty of activity options. But, snow sports are a lot of fun, and winter training is at a relaxed pace - it is a time to build a better foundation for the future.

No comments: