Friday, March 18, 2005

Graffiti

Here is a home maintenance item I didn't expect to deal with: graffiti.

It seems some miscreants spray painted a small section of my fence. This particular section is along a sidewalk, and is easily reached.

Graffiti


I'm not up on my graffiti art, and can't make sense of the little horizontal white section. But the larger green number is apparently "31". I don't know what it means.

Anyway, I got a letter in the mail from the city, that said: graffiti has been reported on your property. Please act quickly to remove it, as this sends a message that graffiti isn't tolerated, and so forth. There was also mention of a $5000 dollar fine, if nothing is done! Wow.

So I'm going to Home Depot and explore the various options. I might be able to sand off the paint, or perhaps find some solvent. Worst case, I can paint over that section of the fence. If I choose the right color, I hope to avoid leaving an obvious newly painted fence section, because otherwise the rest of the fence will look like it needs paint as well. ;)

No comments: