Saturday, July 10, 2004

Hagg Lake Olympic Triathlon

I'm back from Oregon! Hagg Lake triathlon was my fourth olympic distance tri, tenth tri overall, and it was the most difficult and fun. I did 3:09:01 which I was very pleased with given the challenging course.

Swim - We had a wide swim start which was great - no jostling with everybody for position. Hagg Lake was balmy and I fell into a nice rhythm and exited at 33:55.

Bike - This course was HILLY. It was a double loop course, each loop had at least five good climbs, so that made ten or more hills for the bike course! I finished the bike course in 1:33:19. Check out the elevation profile:

Hagg Lake elevation profile



heart rate 040710


Run - The out-and-back run course was along those very same hills (!!) - so just in case you didn't notice them during the two bike loops, you got yet another chance to bond. The sun was coming out and it was getting warm, and as a result the 10K was pretty tough. Total time was 56:19.

Toss in a few minutes for both transitions (3:37 for T1, 1:52 for T2), and it came out to 3:09:01.

During one of the many climbs I thought of bike gearing, a topic I will cover in a future blog entry.

After the Race


After the race with my bike

2 comments:

Gail at Large said...

Congrats all round!! What's next?? Ironman?

triathlon wetsuit said...

"Hagg Lake Olympic Triathlon" is one of my favorite post. Thanks klbarrus. Keep it upgrade.