Monday, July 19, 2004

Meta Post - blogging

It's been one month since I started this blog!

I thought of keeping a blog for a few months, but until recently I didn't have the motivation. I thought it would be difficult to write and format each entry, and more difficult to write the content. But, I saw more and more friends keep a blog and it looked fun and not too overwhelming, so I decided to try it.

As it turns out, modern blog sites make keeping one really easy. I have a website also and was looking into to all sorts of hosting options... and then I noticed many sites let you keep your blog on them! They may not offer much space for pictures, but I can host the pictures on my website and solve that problem. As for content, so far that hasn't been difficult. I have many interests and the entries wander among them.

My initial goal was to blog every other day, because I thought it would be too hard to write about something interesting every day. I've found the opposite to be true - many days I have several things to blog. I keep a list of possible topics to cover in case I'm out of ideas, and I haven't covered everything yet. One big topic that will be recurring is sports: triathlon and volleyball. I don't want this blog to turn into a training log, so for those entries I'll try to write more than just time/distance/location information. I've also avoided talking about various social and political issues, but I might comment every now and then if something really strikes me.

I'm certain eventually I'll cut back to a post every other day and perhaps go down to once a week. Lately I've been stretching the content out by posting one item per day, so perhaps that day is approaching. I hope to recognize when I reach this point, before the blog becomes vapid with daily trivia such as "Today I woke up and brushed my teeth with hot water. Then, I ate some grape nuts with fresh blueberries, one of which was sour...".

I'm having fun keeping this going... thanks for reading.

No comments: