Monday, July 12, 2004

Orlando

The redeye flight was packed - I thought I was going to be involuntarily bumped (which has happened to me only once) but I received a seat assignment after all. There probably isn't much demand for a single person to get bumped, the airline was looking for groups of two or three. That's because 75% of this flight was families headed to the theme parks.

Anyway, it is HOT here. I lived in Houston for 10 years, which has a similar climate, but I moved away several years ago and have lost my former heat acclimation. I'll tough it out though - I know some of my coworkers are looking for a sign of weakness in order to tease me. ;)

I'll be accused of bringing rain down. Check out this 10 day weather forecast for the Orlando, FL area:

weather forecast

Of course, who knows how accurate a 10 day forecast is.

Yesterday I mentioned bringing some DVD's with me. Sounds pretty lame, eh? Well, it'll keep my busy in the evenings, besides studying Japanese and computer chatting! I was here in February for two weeks, and then I visited Kennedy Space Center to see a rocket launch (a small communications satellite launched into orbit), visited again on the weekend to take the tour, visited Universal Studios (I just HAD to see the Terminator show!), and saw the Cirque du Soliel show "La Nouba". I'm not really excited to go to Disney - it will be crowded and rainy or hot. However, Disney's Animal Kingdom might be interesting to see.

If I can do a day trip I'd like to drive down to the Everglades, visit Tampa Bay, or visit Gatorland (a local theme park).

No comments: