Saturday, July 31, 2004

Rice Alums

Tonight I drove into Seattle to the Roanoke Park Place Tavern for a Rice alumni meeting. Our alumni group is called RAIN - Rice Alumni In the Northwest. Catchy name, don't you think?

RAIN met regularly for years, but then the woman who ran the email list graduated and moved away. She gave plenty of warning, but I suppose the rest of us were too lazy to do anything like take it over from her. That was over two years ago so we hadn't gathered in quite some time. I made some good friends in the group, including Tom and Lila, and a few others I keep in touch with since they've moved away.

I was looking forward to the event since after such a long break, this would likely draw a large crowd of alums. Tom and Lila were there tonight and I was happy to see them. Lila has made a few interesting career changes and is currently in law school, so I asked her all about how her first year went. I talked to a few others, including some friends I hadn't seen in a long time. The group plans to meet once a month so we'll see who the hardcore attendees are after a while!

I must eat a better dinner tomorrow, as I just had beer and nachos. ;)

No comments: