Monday, July 26, 2004

TV: CSI

I don't follow many TV shows, but one of the ones I really like is CSI. I've also gotten into the spinoff CSI: Miami, and will undoubtedly do the same for latest spinoff, CSI: New York, which debuts this September.

The reason I like these shows is that science is the main plot element, unlike all the other police and law dramas on. A crime is committed, and the team goes out to gather evidence and then reconstruct what happened based on the evidence.

I also like the Discovery Channel show "New Detectives" which is similar - it details the forensic science behind solving a crime. One key difference is all the crimes in "New Detectives" are real cases.

One minor downer is pretty much all the crimes are homicides, although some are accidental death. On the other hand, sometimes the circumstances are so bizarre it is funny!

Anyway, two costars on CSI staged a salary protest but it has been resolved now. Good news - the show will go on on!

No comments: